Pooling their expertise and best practices, the EU Copernicus Marine Service (CMEMS) and the EU Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST) action on the “Evaluation of Ocean Syntheses” organised the Global Ocean Week. Opportunities & Perspectives in Ocean modelling were discussed. This was held between the 10th and the 14th of October 2016 in Toulouse (France).
The one-week event encompassed:
- Outlook of Copernicus Marine Service and its added value for Blue Growth
- Focus on Copernicus Marine Service global ocean products and practical exercises
- Focus on downscaling of ocean syntheses
- Intercomparisons of ocean syntheses available worldwide
- Training on the evaluation of ocean syntheses
- Opportunities for creating Science and SMEs Networking
More information and presentation videos can be found from here.